All about Zakah for the Muslims in the
By Dr. Main Al-Qudahi
Chaiman of Al-Huda University
(وويل للمشركين، الذين لا يؤتون الزكاة )
“Woe for the polytheists, those who do not pay Zakah.”
( وأقيموا الصلاة واتوا الزكاة وأقرضوا الله قرضاً حسناً )
“And establish prayers, and pay Zakah, and advance to Allah a goodly loan”
This lecture is a consideration for:
- Practicing Muslims who want to apply the third pillar of Islam.
- Merchants trade in goods and merchandise. .
- People who have pension and retirement accounts.
- Imams receiving many questions about Zakah.
- Professionals receive professional fees.
- Employees receiving monthly salaries.
- Charitable organizations dealing with Zakah issues.
- And many more.
The important teachings in this lecture:
- Substituting Zakah by Taxes
- Zakatable Wealth
- Non-Zakatable Wealth
- Conditions for paying Zakah.
- Threshold (Nisab) vs. Poverty Line
- Zakah of Salaries & Professional Fees
- Zakah of Jewelry and Ornaments
- Zakah of Retirement Funds: 401 (K), annuity, IRA,…
- Zakah of Stocks, Shares and Bonds
- Deductibility of Mortgage & Car Loan’s payments.
In this seminar you will receive a handout summery of the lessons.
This lecture will last up to 4 hours:
- 3 sessions, each of them lasts for 1 hour.
- 10 minutes for questions in each hour.
- 20 minutes break after each hour.